Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
- I can't think of any song to play -
Friday, April 25
3rd month in Perth, Australia

(WARNING): THIS POST IS GONNA BE BIG

This post is nearing my 3rd month in Perth, Australia. I am technically on a "study break" but really, it doesn't feel like one. There is just so many things to do, like 3 essays, 2 presentations, 1 reading log and 1 summary in the next two weeks. University aside, I really feel blessed to be here and at home in Perth. Mum and Dad are coming next month and I can't wait for that! In my earlier posts, I said I was to go down to Esperance, but I did not in the end because I just had too much work to do. Instead, I went to stay in my brother's place. ( My brother is not staying with us at the moment cos our place is too far from his university). Last Friday, one of my tutors did not turn up so I got to go home early. I rushed back home, packed my stuff, did church stuff and took the bus/train down to the Esplanade.

I reached the bus stop round bout 6.00 pm and my brother later picked me up. We went to get Chinese Take-Aways along Broadway and picked up a friend, Xiang who was still in university. Then later, we went for cell at Aarksara's place. I had an enjoyable time at Keypers ( my cell group). Kristine led Word and we had fun! Around 10 pm, we then left and my brother, Chester (his friend), Amanda met up with Fiona and Steph who had flown in from Singapore. We went downtown to Utopia ( a bubble tea place) and had a drink. I had passionfruit bubble tea. I was already quite tired by then, because I did not have much sleep the night before because of the various projects I had to do.

Saturday was a tad tiring but fun day. I had not one but two birthday parties in a day. Like one during brunch and another during dinner. I woke up round bout 10.30 a.m and we then left for the Esplanade in town. 15 minutes later, we had reached the Hemisphere Apartments, where the party was held. It was to celebrate Gloria's 21st birthday party, which was the actually the next day. There was a lot of food like sushi, spring rolls, japanese green tea noodles and satay made by Gloria's mum. It was a fun party, where the birthday girl had many speeches to listen to by her best friend, dad, and sister. We even pushed her in to the pool.

At night, I had to dress up for Benson's birthday as it was in an exclusive club or place. It was held in the Nedlands Golf Club. Beer and soft drinks were on the house. As nice as the place was, so was the food. For a person who does not normally drink more than one glass of beer, I surpassed it that night. I drank two beers and a glass of champagne. We had roast beef, roast lamb and potatoes for dinner. That night, I was also very camwhore-ish with my camwhoring partners, Rae, Michelle, Yvonne and Aunchisa! We took photos of like everything you can think of....mainly balloons and candles.....There was also speeches by Joseph, Cheryl, Janet, Chester Tulloch and his sisters, Olivia and Candice. Then, came the customary yam seng toast and the cutting the cake ceremony. He then opened his presents, and his sisters bought him a guitar for his birthday.

I have so much more news to blog about from here, but I will leave it for next time. I miss you guys so much and can't wait to see you back in KL during the summer holidays. Meanwhile, feel free to enjoy the pictures of my busy but wonderful weekend!

Gloria's 21st party @ The Hemisphere Apartments, Esplanade (19th April 2008)

The Birthday Girl

My cell (Keypers) with Gloria

(L-R) Aarksara, Elizabeth and Rachael
(L-R) Yvonne, Rachael, Elizabeth and Justin

(L-R) Elizabeth and Rachael

Benson's 21st party @ Nedlands Golf Club ( 19th April 2008)


The birthday boy

(L-R) Michelle, Yvonne, Elizabeth and Rachael

(L-R) Yvonne, Olivia, Benson, Elizabeth, Michelle and Rachael

(L-R) Chester, Yvonne, Rachael, Olivia, Elizabeth, Michelle and Aunchisa

(L-R) Rachael, Yong, Michelle, Elizabeth and Yvonne

(L-R) Stanley, Elizabeth, Yvonne and Rachael

(L-R) Aunchisa, Elizabeth and Yvonne



Cheers for now. Will post more pictures soon. Love to all!:)



Labels:


[ 0 ] comment(s)