Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
- I can't think of any song to play -
Thursday, March 20
:: A Well- Needed Break Awaits Me ::

The title above pretty much sums it all up. After 5 weeks of toiling, stressing and being on overload due to university studies, my university is giving us a "break", which is supposedly a time where we catch up with our studies and all. It is known as a non- teaching break. My start to this holiday would be tomorrow,21st of March 2008. For your information, I would be traveling around country Western Australia, which coincidentally is tomorrow. To be precise, I would be going up north to Bindoon, which is approximately 90 kms, north of Perth. This is for a church youth camp. Oh yeah, the double demerit points and triple fines for driving offences have been taken in to effect since today (20th March). My older brother would be driving. I would post up some pictures and give you guys an update when I come back on the 24th of March.

Five weeks on, I have finally settled down in Perth and actually find it conducive to study and relax at the same time. I really enjoy university despite the heavy workload. My experience so far here has been good because of the very many relatives that have taken good care of me even when my parents went back to Kuala Lumpur for awhile. My mom's aunty (who is single) is my primary guardian at the moment. I feel also very pampered and in my aunty's words "spoilt rotten" because I hardly do anything except for my frequent afternoon walks, study, take buses and trains to and from university, bathe, eat, do assignments and projects. This makes me feel lazy in the sense that I hardly help around the house compared when I was back in Malaysia. Thanks to my beloved brother who has made the transition all the more easier for my sister and I in adjusting to life in Australia. Which brother actually pays for your lunches without asking for money from you, doesn't complain when you want to go somewhere and to lunch on Sundays without fail after church and ferries you back home although it is in the different direction? My brother lives alone as his university is too far away from our house in Perth. By the description above, undeniably we three (my sister, brother and I) are a close-knit bunch. This is very much so, but we do have our fair share of sibling squabbles.

Our church family here has made me very glad that I made the decision to come to Perth. They have embraced me as one of their kin and really have been a blessing to us newbies, being my sister and I in settling down in Perth. They help in every way possible and unimaginable. Their hospitality and fellowship has been an eye-opener as well as unforgettable. For example, the mother of one of my friends in church actually sends us to church every morning, they even take us to school and university and shopping. My new university mates have been amazingly wonderful, which is meaningful and eventful to me.

As you can see, I look like I am having a blast in Perth. Of course so, but then again I miss my parents back in Kuala Lumpur and I can't wait to see them in a month's time when they come back to Perth. Also, I miss you guys a tonne back home. Nothing can ever replace you guys, you guys are one of a kind despite of the new friends I have made during my short time in Perth. Since I'll be only back in December, I guess I consider Australia as my new home because I spend more time here then I would back in Malaysia. As Thomas in his previous post aptly puts it, please do try and come over to Australia for a visit. A plus about living in Australia, the internet broadband is so so fast like 100 Mbps thus making downloading music files and movies so fast ( that is why they probably have limited bandwidth each month):).

Labels:


[ 0 ] comment(s)