Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
- I can't think of any song to play -
Monday, March 3
::3rd Week of University Life::

My parents has left for home earlier this morning and now I am on my own with my sister. Today, is Labour Day (3rd March) and it is a state public holiday but we don't get it off. Thus, we still have to come like any normal day. I guess it is a standardised university policy because even UWA doesn't get off. You guys probably would not like to drive here especially during holiday weekends because you get double demerit points for that certain period. Also, the fines are triple of what they are on the normal day. That's why I love public transport:) In Australia, that is. Public transport is superbly amazing here, the buses are clean and efficient and regular for that matter and the trains are unlike the commuter trains we find in KL sometimes. The trains are so regular and fast, its easy to get to the city in no time.

As a student, I get student concessions almost anywhere like for movie tickets, public transport and admission tickets. Some days even when there is a special event, we get free public transport for everything that is under Transperth ( the main transport provider). I will being going off for a youth camp during Easter holidays ( March 21st to 24th) organised by church. Thus, I will be going down to Bindoun, on the east of WA during that time. I will be updating you all shortly after I return from camp. I may go down to Sydney in July for the Hillsongs Conference. That is all in the books at the moment. I won't be coming back in July during the winter break as my parents would be back here in Perth. On a random note, water is so scarce here and conservation of water is so important because it hardly rains here. The probability of a rainfall is once every 6 months. It is a rarity here that it rains, and if it does rain, it is such a relief. That's probably the reason why I don't take baths so often although it is sweltering hot. I just turn on the air-conditioning. In Australia, the climate is so screwed up, that I guess it is safe to say that global warming is really affecting this country. When it is cold, it is seriously cold. When it is hot, it is seriously hot. Those two extremities are probably why I am so thankful that Kevin Rudd's government has actually ratified the Kyoto Protocol. Has anyone heard of an evaporative air- conditioner? It is system where it runs on water thus it saves electricity and it is actually quite cooling. Most Australian households use it because its is central and it is cheaper than a conventional air-conditioner.

In a nutshell, the workload is slowly increasing as the weeks past by, but I don't regret anything. Thankfully, there are some good lecturers and tutors that I can get help from if I want to. They even have a discussion board if you want to see them or ask them questions. Assignments due, tutorial presentations, online quizzes are all part of that parcel. I am slowly adjusting to life here and beginning to like it although a part of me still misses home. Oh yeah, I've gotta run now, as I have a law lecture to go to on the Australian Legal System.

PS. Aussie blokes are hot with a capital H ( errr.....not all but some of them, especially the Year 12 blokes in my sister's school and her Phys. Ed teacher is darn hot too:) )

Labels:


[ 0 ] comment(s)