Free shoutbox @ ShoutMix
- I can't think of any song to play -
Sunday, May 25
:: END OF SEMESTER ONE ::

Friday 23rd of May 2008- is the end of teaching for the semester in Murdoch University (the place in which I am currently studying) in Perth. As I look back, this semester has been a tad tiring but manageable one. With pressures and expectations of a double-degree behind my back, this semester has taught me the essence of time management and balancing play as well study. For your information, I have final exams from June 5th-11th after which I will have my winter break. The holidays will last till 4th of August. Unfortunately, I would not be flying back to Kuala Lumpur (KL) during the holidays. Instead, my parents would be flying here and would be staying for more or less six months. Mum is coming tomorrow to be precise and Dad would be coming on the 1st of June. During the winter break, I will probably be working part-time in a community library (shelving books) or an administration job.Only next year probably, would I be looking for an internship with a legal firm here in Perth.

This semester has gone by in a jiffy and it has been a memorable one. I arrived here on January 29th,2008. It has been nearly five months since I got here. In the beginning, I had trouble adjusting to life here because it was literally, I had to start afresh again. Since the university semester had not yet started, I was practically going here and there round Perth for awhile. February 18th,2008- was my first day as university student. Three days before was the Orientation Day for Law students. It was a mind-blowing and it really seemed unreal to me that I was actually in university. Before that, I went to Aunchisa's house for dinner. We also went to Pastor Yat Wan Eu's house for curry laksa and tapioca kueh, which was oh-so yummy! Note, Pastor Yat Wan is the pastor in our church here in Perth.

Early in March, my parents left for Kuala Lumpur and we were on our own ( well, not really - because I had my aunty living with us). Nothing much happened in March apart from getting used to University life. University aside, I went to church and youth camp. From 21st-24th March 2008, I went up north to Bindoon, which is approximately 90 kms north of Perth. I had an enjoyable time with the 100-odd youths there and the food was superbly fantastic. Kudos to all the aunties who had prepared 4 meals/day for us. And on the last night, there was the biggest spread of food that I have ever seen in my life, with a "barbie". We had hot dogs, sausages, salads, popiah, BBQ chicken wings, steaks, lamb chops, salad, mashed potatoes and potato salads. The organising committee was also fantastic but the best part really, was how amazing the bonds of friendship that were formed after camp. Massage sessions, "speed dating", and games...were all so amazing! Cam-whoring too! Although I did suffer from sleep-deficiency and sunburn, it was all worth it and I can't wait for J-Life Camp 2009.

April 2008- I began to settle in to University life and everything around me in Perth. I have the greatest bunch of people that I never expected to meet, other than you lads/ladies back in Taylor's University College (L4-2007). I was becoming very busy with university assignments and all, but I managed to "chuck it out" and pull through. The support I received from my church friends was amazing and unbelievable during this time. I don't want to mention names here, for fear that I may forget everyone who helped me here. I also attended cell for the first time on April 18th 2008. It was a mind blowing experience and since then, I have never missed a cell meeting. April 19th 2008 was a busy day with two 21st birthdays in one day. First it was Gloria's birthday at her place down at the Esplanade in the city and at night, was a formal affair at Nedlands Golf Club with Benson's birthday. April 21st, I went out with Kristine (my beloved cell leader and one of my best friends here) to Fremantle. We went to the WA Maritime Museum, where we took a submarine tour and the Shipwreck Galleries. A total of six hours were spent at the museums alone with one hour for lunch later at Ciccerello's (famous fish and chips place by the pier).

May 2008- Was a busy, busy month with the last leg of university. I made a new friend, Michelle, who is from Singapore and she is doing the same course (i.e Mass Communications) in the same university from church. She is a 3rd year student, and she has been a great friend and help for my course. She also drives me back after church lunches and cell meetings or whenever we go out. Oh yeah, this month was also my birthday, which coincidentally fell on Mother's Day. The whole J-Life surprised me with a song and I was treated to lunch in the city. I also got many presents and they were so meaningful and sweet! The next week, I went to Aunty Fionna's for steamboat. There we played Nintendo Wii before dinner and "take three" after dinner alongside the Nintendo Wii. We were full to the brim and ate chocolates for dessert. On Friday, I went to the city after University to meet up with Michelle and Clementine at Harbour Town, after which we went for dinner in South Perth. We went to Ciao Italia, which was this quaint little corner shop which serves oh-so heavenly authentic Italian food. We went at 5.30 pm and if you go any later than that, you would have to wait for a table. When we left there was around 20 people waiting for tables.

My daily/weekly routine consists of going to university, going to church, cell and dinner on Friday's with my church friends. More than occasionally, I would be lunching with my friends on Sunday afternoons after church. That's all for now and I hope you all have wonderful time back home. If you ask me whether I miss the food, I do at times but for most of the time, I get it here with my aunty, who is a good cook came for 3 months starting April from Kuala Lumpur. The church people also cook yummy rendang and curry, and they also invite us over for dinner/lunch. See you all in December! Till, then, ciao mate! Have a nice day!:)

Labels:


[ 1 ] comment(s)